Monday, May 14, 2012

Salsa, Salsa And More SALSA!

Everything raw that I've been making lately tastes like salsa.  I made something called, "White Beans With Green Peppers" earlier last week.  It called for beans, green pepper, onion, garlic, parsley and red wine vinegar.  It was tasty but everything overpowered the mild taste of the beans.  The other day I made, "Chopped Vegetable Salad"  which called for red, yellow and green peppers, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, garlic, dill, green onions and lemon juice.  Again, everything overpowered the mild flavors of the carrot and cucumber.  All of it tasted pretty much like salsa which I love but after awhile, blah... blah... blah...

I am a potato/pasta addict and used to eat those two things daily at every meal.  For several months now I have only been eating one or the other about once a month.  *Heavy sigh* However, lately, I've been eating one or the other once a week.  I use Barilla multi-grain pasta but still... it's pasta... and white potatoes...  At the moment I just don't care.  Of course, my blood sugar responds negatively so I'll have to get myself back in check... soon...

Otherwise, I'm doing very well.  I feel my health improving and I feel like I'm losing weight.  None of my dress clothes fit anymore.  I went out today and bought three dress tops that were on clearance.  Now, I need to break out the sewing machine and learn to take-in my skirts and pants.  YAY ME!!

1 comment:

  1. I understand! I had been using all the same vegetables and starting to not enjoy them. I went to the store amnd made sure I bought different vegetables to mix it up and feel satisfied again.

    ReplyDelete